Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heat Wave~


This past weekend I had a great time celebrating the 4th of July. I went to a flea market, a party, a drive-in movie (featuring Eclipse and Toy Story 3 and I loved both), went kayaking, and just enjoyed the weather. Now the Holiday is over, and what better way to start the week than with a heat wave. I mean its like in the upper 90s today. I am staying nice and cool in my air conditioning, which luckily I finally put in last weekend. Otherwise I would be toast today!

I had a lot of random eats this week being a holiday and all, but last night me and Josh whipped up a delicious dinner. We cooked some chicken breasts (I dipped mine in bbq sauce), some cole slaw (just light mayo and some sugar mixed in with cabbage and carrots)

and a delicious fruit salad (including juan canary melon, strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi...boy do I love fruit salad in hot weather). This meal hit the spot after a busy weekend.

Then there was a late night run for some dairy fresh ice cream. I got the Almond Joye and it was filled with coconut, almond bits, and chocolate chunks. Cool treats are my favorite way to beat the heat. (Lots of rhyming words haha).

This morning I enjoyed a bowl of overnight oats. I'm so glad I discovered this breakfast because it is the perfect way to enjoy my daily oatmeal in the summer. This last night I combined 1/2 c. oats, 1/3 c. plain yogurt, 1/4 c. skim milk, pinch of vanilla extract, and dash of cinnamon, with blueberries and Wegmans granola added in this morning. (I'm also seriously addicted to this granola, and that may not be a good thing.)

This morning was filled with work and some errands. Then lunch was just leftover slaw and fruit with a turkey dog. Nothing too exciting so no picture. The rest of the day is going to include the gym (because it's way too hot for any physical activity outside) and catching up on the Bachelorette. So it should be a good day, hope yours is a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment