Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Squash Lovin'



Tonight I had a fabulous dinner containing my one of my favorite vegetables, squash. The star of the show was this little guy that my dad grew in his garden.

I sauteed the squash along with 1 zucchini and about 1/2 c. of vidalia onion in some olive oil. They probably cooked about 15 min (until tender), and then I topped with them with a shredded cheddar cheese blend and covered them with a lid to let the cheese melt.
While the veggies were cooking I roasted some red potatoes. First I chopped them into eighths and mixed them with olive oil, dried rosemary, garlic powder, and a pinch of sea salt. Then I put them on a foil lined baking sheet in the oven at 425 for ~30 min. Both of these dishes turned out delicious!

I also included a sundried tomato chicken sausage in my dinner for some protein. (Sadly my pictures decided to disappear in the transition from my camera to my computer)
For dessert I had some more of my leftover fruit, juan canary melon, strawberries, and blueberries. Cold fruit on a hot day is always a good choice.

The rest of my day wasn't really that eventful. Breakfast was the same overnight oats that I had yesterday, 1/2c. plain yogurt, 1/2 c. rolled oats, 1/4 c. skim milk, dash of cinnamon and pinch of vanilla with blueberries and Wegman's granola mixed in this morning. (I am loving this breakfast right now)

After breakfast I worked for a while. While working I had a deli turkey sandwich on an Arnold's sandwich thin with a slice of red. fat provalone, romaine, shredded carrots, and topped off with spinach artichoke hummus (this hummus made the sanwhich). I don't have a picture though because I forgot to take my camera to work.

After work I went to the gym and came home and made my lovely dinner. Then I did a little work for my summer class. Right now I'm working on my first project which is a newsletter on a nutrition/fitness/health topic. Definitely love being able to use my creativity, but still not liking that I have to do school work in the summer. Oh well, you can't win them all.
On note I'm off to finish my strawberry shortcake (shortcakes made out of Bisquick) topped with ff fro-yo. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment