Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Funfetti Cake


So my friends made me delicious funfetti cake with pink icing. I just inhaled a huge piece and it was awesome. Inhaled means no time for pictures. haha I think I might go into a sugar coma :) Homemade birthday cakes are the best, thanks guys :)

The rest of the day wasn't eventful. This morning I had a yogurt mix for breakfast. It contained a Oikos blueberry yogurt, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, some sliced almonds, and a drizzle of hot honey (I love warming up honey in the microwave and putting it on yogurt).

Love all of the fresh berries! They not only make my breakfast taste good, but it looks good too. After breakfast I did some lounging and magazine reading. You know really exciting stuff that people do when they are relaxing on a rainy morning. By 11 am I was starving so I knew it was time to think up something for lunch. I had 2 little yellow squash my dad grew in his garden and I wanted to find a recipe for them. I used this recipe from Healthy Cooking. I pretty much followed it to a tee but subbed in saltines for the cornflakes. Overall I was pleased with how it turned out. On the side I had some carrot chips and spinach and artichoke hummus.

I was also craving cornbread for some odd reason so I whipped up a batch for lunch. I just followed the recipe on the back of the Quaker Corn Meal container. I topped this with some honey butter. Hmmm tasted just as good as I remembered it and made a perfect meal ender.

For a snack later I had some "ants on a log" aka celery with peanut butter and craisins. This is one of my favorite childhood snacks. I mean who doesn't love peanut butter (well unless your allergic I guess)

For dinner I had some banana soft serve. All this involved was 2 frozen bananas and a food processor, and it created an ice cream like deliciousness that I topped with fresh strawberries and a little chocolate sauce and called it dinner. I mean it might not be dinner quality, but sometimes you just need "ice cream" for dinner :)

SO GOOOOOOOD!! Definitely try this if you have not yet, you will NOT regret it.

Well those are the highlights of my Thursday. Tomorrow should be a busy day but then it's the weekend! Hope everyone has a happy Friday tomorrow :)




No comments:

Post a Comment