Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chocolate Squash Muffins


I had a yellow squash that I needed to use up, and I wanted to find a new recipe to use it in. I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. It looked like an easy recipe, and I had all of the ingredients on hand so I decided to go for it. However, as I was mixing the ingredients I decided I wanted chocolate muffins. So I added about 2 tbsp of dark chocolate cocoa and a handful of chocolate chips. Then into the oven they went. When they came out I had these.

They smelled so good, and of course I had to try one right away. The verdict, good. They are not overly sweet and very moist due to the squash. The only thing I would change would be to add more chocolate chips, one handful was just not enough for my liking. I will definitely make these muffins again.

Another new recipe I made was a banana scramble sandwich. I found the recipe here and followed it exactly. Here is how it turned out.
It was an interesting combo, but I think I would like to eat the banana scramble as a pancake instead of as a sandwich filling. So next time I make them instead of putting them on an english muffin I'm going to put them on a plate and top with some maple syrup. I'll let you know how they turn out like that.

Other than that my meals haven't been too exciting. I'm been trying to eat up the food I have in my fridge since I am going to the beach soon. So I have been eating simple things like oatmeal, scramble eggs, and frozen veggies. All good, but not too exciting to photograph or talk about.

Anyways, hope everyone is enjoying their day before the day before the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment