Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mmmmm


Right now I am sipping on an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts and I am thoroughly enjoying it :)

I had a free coupon and I figured today was the perfect day to use it since I am in need of an energy boost. I have been busy these past couple days and I am in need of some caffeine.

Last night I had a delicious yet simple dinner that I had been craving for a while. A spinach omelet made with 1/2c. EggBeaters, ~1 1/2 c. sauteed spinach, and ~1/3 c. ff cheddar cheese.

It definitely hit the breakfast for dinner meal I was in the mood for. For a snack later while I was watching the Bachelorette (which I am totally obsessed with and hate to admit haha) I made a smoothie. This smoothie contained about 1 1/2 c. spinach, 1 c. skim milk, handful of roasted almonds, spoonful of nutella, 1 frozen banana, and a handful of ice.

It served the purpose of being both delicious and cooling me off. It sure has been steamy these past couple of days. And because of the heat I have been trying to create breakfasts that aren't hot. I have finally successfully made overnight oats, which means I can now enjoy them on a daily basis. I first saw overnight oats on OSGs blog. Its so easy to make them and they are ready and waiting for you in the morning. At night I combine ~1/2c. oats, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, a splash of skim milk (to get the desired consistency), a pinch of vanilla extract, and a dash of cinnamon. I combine this mixture and then put it in the fridge overnight so the oats can absorb the goodness. Then in the morning I add in some fruit, nuts, nut butter, or cereal for some more flavor and texture. This morning I added some blueberries, almond slices, and a sprinkle of Wegman's granola (which I may have an addiction with).

Overnight oats are now one of my favorite meals and I highly recommend them!! They are the perfect summer breakfast because they are cool and satisfying. They even seem to be more filling then regular oats that I make. I think this is due to the addition of the yogurt which adds some more protein. Anyways, try them, now! ;)
Also, any other cool breakfast ideas I can try??

Well now the rest of the day is mine to enjoy because I have the afternoon off. So I think I'm going to spend some time scrap-booking, maybe hit up the gym/aerobics, and tonight I think I'm finally going to watch Valentine's Day. I've been wanting to see this movie for soooo long. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Has anyone else watched it?

Have a terrific Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment