Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back in Action


Sometimes life just takes over, like it did for me since my last post. I have been busy getting my life adjusted to summer mode. While the summer is supposed to be a little more relaxed then the rest of the year, it is this relaxed atmosphere that causes me to stress, just a little. I need order and structure in my life, I need things to occupy my time in order to remain on top of things. When I am faced with free time, I don't know what to do or what tasks to start. Therefore, I let myself slip a little before getting into a summer routine.
Anyways, now that I am back I decided to try a new breakfast today that I have been wanting to test out for awhile now. It is a breakfast cookie that I found on this page. I followed the recipe for the most part with just a few changes. My Oatmeal Breakfast cookie consisted of the following: ~1/3 c. rolled oats, 1/4 c. Eggbeaters, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp chocolate chips, 1 tbsp dried cherries, 1 tbsp sliced almonds, 1.5 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp flour. I combined all of these ingredients in a small bowl and then put it in the microwave for about 1 min and 30 sec, until it was no longer gooey. Then I let it set for like 30 sec before I flipped it onto my plate.

It was definitely an interesting concoction, and it did taste better than it looks haha. I would like to dry it with some different add-ins and see if there was a way to make it a little moister, maybe less time in the microwave. Anyways it's definitely a quick way to make a cookie when you are craving one.
With my cookie I made a "frappe", which consisted of 1 c. hazelnut coffee, 1/4 c. skim milk, lots of ice cubes, and a tbsp of Nutella. Yum. I love cold coffee drinks in the summer :)

After breakfast it was time for errands, like getting my new driver's license, picking up some things at Target, and stopping by the library. When I got home it was time for lunch. Lunch was quick and easy today. It was a Boca burger on a deli flat topped with a slice of American cheese, ketchup, mustard, and spinach. On the side I had some leftover Busch's baked beans.

Definitely a good summer time meal.

Now it's time to clean up a bit before heading to the gym for some aerobics and some cardio. Hope everyone is enjoying there day before the day before the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment