Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The beginning of summer...


Well finals are finally done and my summer has arrived. I don't quite know what to do with myself. I probably need to look for a job but I haven't been having luck recently. Looking for temporary jobs is something I do not like to do. I'm kind of hoping I can make it through the summer just with babysitting and cleaning, it might be tight but it will give me a little more time to relax and hang out with my friends. Sometimes we just need to allow ourselves to slow down for awhile and I think I could use a dose of that about now.
Anyways this past weekend was pretty relaxing. I had to dogsit for Fergie and Bogie, and then the boyfriend came to visit and hangout with me. On Saturday evening we concocted one of the best meals ever! We cooked salmon kabobs on the grill and served them with crab cakes and quinoa salad (which included quinoa, soybeans, spinach, pumpkin seeds, & dried cranberries)

Salmon Kabobs

Crab Cake

Quinoa Salad
This was seriously one of the best meals ever. The salmon kabob pretty much filled me up because after that I only ate about 2 bites of the crab cake and a couple more bites of the quinoa (They made a great lunch the next day :). We enjoyed our meal outside because the weather was beautiful! Here is a picture of our cute set-up.

We finished of of our meal with a bottle of wine to celebrate the ending of my first year of graduate school! Now only two more to go haha.

The rest of the weekend wasn't too eventful. We just enjoyed the weather and hung out and relaxed. Exactly what I wanted to do :)

Today has been pretty uneventful as well. I went on a mini shopping spree this morning to Target and Wegmans to get some odds and ends and to stock up on groceries. When I came back I was starving so I made a sandwich for lunch.

It was made on a Thomas's Everything flavor bagel thin, with laughing cow cheese, turkey breast, and spinach. I also had some Stonyfield Chocolate Underground yogurt with fresh strawberries. It was sooo good.

Now I'm off to play with my new bread machine (a hand-me down from a friend). I'm going to try to make some french bread to have with my dinner so hopefully it turns out!

Tip of the day: Make grocery shopping fun. I know a lot of people see grocery shopping as another errand that gets in the way of things, but try to make an adventure out of it. Look for new produce to try or items that you've been wanting to try that are now on sale. There is always something waiting at the grocery store for you to discover. You never know what new food might become your favorite :)

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment