Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The final week of school


Aah finally it is that time of year where its busy and hectic, and this only means one thing....it's finals week and summer will soon be upon us! I really feel pretty accomplished after Friday because I will have officially completed my first year of graduate school. Now only two more years to go. I feel like I'm going to be one of those people who is in school forever, I don't mind though I like learning, especially about things that interest me like nutrition.

Moving on....
This weekend I made a trip back to my undergrad. for it's pigroast tradition. It was a great weekend and I loved seeing all my friends. That's the thing that sucks about growing up, your friends get spread out all over the country :( This just makes reunions that much better! While in central PA for the weekend I got to visit on of my favorite cafes, Standing Stone. I got the breakfast panini with strawberry jam and cream cheese, and of course a chi tea latte, yum :) This is definitely one of those places I love going back to.




Now that the weekend is over, I'm trying to prepare myself for my final exams this week. I had one yesterday, which went well I think. And then I have 3 more this week. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, just get me to Friday!

Here are my eats of the day so far:
My morning started off with 3/4 c. oats, 1 c. skim milk, 1/3 c. frozen mixed berries zapped in the microwave for 3 min. A little sprinkle on top to make it taste a little sweeter.

I also had a cup of coffee for breakfast. It was a new flavor that my friend had given me over the weekend called Jamaican Me Crazy from Leaf and Bean. Definitely makes a good cup of coffee and I highly recommend it.
Then for a snack while I was a work I had a mini clif bar that my sister sent me in the mail for Earth day, what a nice sister :).

Lunch consisted of a casserole I concocted yesterday and a yogurt. The casserole consisted of 1 can black beans, 1 can corn, 1 c. brown rice, and 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies. I baked it in the oven for 30min and 35o and then melted a slice of cheddar cheese overtop before eating it. Simple but it hit the spot.

Dessert was a Strawberry Pomegranate yogurt, which also was hit the spot. (Sorry its a little blurry haha)

Now time for some solid studying before hitting the gym for either aerobics or kickboxing...still deciding.

Tip for the day: A healthy heart is a happy heart. While following a healthy "schedule" (exercise, taking the time to prepare/cook your own food, etc) may be time consuming, make sure to leave time for things that you enjoy besides being healthy. For instance, visiting friends or family like I did this weekend. While being healthy is definitely important, other things should also be able to fit into your schedule as well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment