Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Green Monster


So I have been reading about the Green Monster and I was iffy to try, because I honestly never thought I would enjoy vegetables in a smoothie. Boy was I wrong! This is the concoction I created, and I must say I was quite pleased with myself.
In my first green monster I put 1.5 cups of spinach, 1.5 cups of skim milk, 1 banana, a handful of cocoa toasted almonds, and a tbsp. of nutella (hence why my smoothie is brown and not green). This combination was delicious! I think I may have a new addiction and am already thinking up other ingredients to add.

The Green Monster was also very filling and held me over to til 1pm for lunch. This allowed to finish writing one of my papers. Now only 2 more to go. For lunch I had a turkey burger on a whole wheat english muffin, topped with a slice of nonfat cheddar and some ketchup and mustard. On the side I had a few carrots with roasted red pepper hummus, I LOVE hummus.


As you can see I snacked on some of the carrots while I was waiting for the burger to cook on my george forman. I was hungry. After lunch the rest of my afternoon consisted of doing more paper writing, a trip to the gym so I could run on the track, and then a nice walk out in the sun :)

When I got home I didn't really feel like cooking so I just popped a Healthy Choice meal in the microwave. This was pumpkin ravioli with butternut squash. Two of my favorites. Plus I also snacked on a bowl of cantaloupe, but I inhaled that before I had time to take a picture.

Now that I have finished dinner it's back to paper writing for another hour or two until bed. Gosh I'm lame, I guess this is what the end of the semester will do to you. Hope everyone has a lovely evening!

1 comment:

  1. These meals look great! ...but just three carrots haha I guess you had plenty of vegetables in your green monster :)

    Your dishes are excellent- Keep on cooking!

    ReplyDelete