Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beautiful Day


Today's weather is a good indicator that summer is definitely on it's way! There are sunny skies outside with about a high of 80....now if only there was a pool near by for me to lounge in haha. Instead today I went for a morning run, just a small 2.5 mile loop around the neighborhood. Before the run though I enjoyed some old-fashioned oats topped with strawberries and some Silk Vanilla Almond milk. This is definitely one of my new favorite milks to use on my oatmeal. I love the vanilla and nutty flavor it provides.

When I got back I made sure I had plenty of hydration because it was pretty warm outside. For lunch today I pretty much had the same thing as last nights dinner, gotta love leftovers! I had salmon salad with balsamic dressing with a slice of my french bread.

I tried out the new triple berry jelly I got at Wegman's on my bread and it was delicious.

Now I'm just lounging around. This is why I need to find a summer job, although I am babysitting tonight so at least I have a part-time job for now. I don't know how I feel about this grown-up thing of paying bills and rent, but I guess it's inevitable so I have to suck it up and spend my time worrying about more important things or not worrying at all would be great. I tend to worry too much about things I don't have control over, anybody else do that?

Well my tip of the day is: spend some time to relax and relieve some stress. Stress is not good for our health and I know that people today are running around trying to do a million things so it's hard not to stress. However, take at least 5-10 minutes out of your day to sit down either in silence, with some of your favorite music, or a favorite TV show, and just enjoy it! Enjoy the moment of relaxation and then take that moment with you the rest of the day :)

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment