Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Success in the Kitchen


So before my success in the kitchen I had a successful workout at the gym. I did the elliptical for 20 min and then went to a pretty intense aerobics class for 45 min. This aerobics class is my favorite because it keeps you moving the whole time and incorporates weights and abs. It definitely gives you a full body workout.
Tonight when I got back from aerobics my apartment smelled of delicious white fluffy bread. This means the bread machine works and my bread making was a success!

As my glorious french bread I created was cooling. I put together a salad from the most recent Healthy Cooking magazine. It was the balsamic-salmon spinach salad. Here are the ingredients that the recipe calls for:

salmon fillet, balsamic vinaigrette, baby spinach, avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels, and dried cranberries

This salad basically combined all of my favorite salad toppings into one salad that I never thought to create before. It was delicious and I HIGHLY recommend it!

After dinner I had a slice of my bread for dessert, and of course it was a big slice because who doesn't love fresh bread?? I put the last of my grandma's homemade strawberry jam on one side and some smart balance on the other. Mmmmm goodness :)

Now its time for a nice relaxing night with a movie....boy do I love not having anything to study or papers to write.

Tip for the Night: Think of some of your favorite foods, and try to think of different recipes you can come up with. You will be surprised at how many things actually do taste good together, like my salad for instance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment