Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Seasoned Kale Chips

I was always skeptical when I heard people talking about kale chips. I mean, how can a green taste like a chip? I decided to try them and the first time I made them they weren't great, but they had potential. So I searched on-line to compare more recipes and combined the parts I liked to try and make them again. I think I found a winner because these kale chips can now act as a substitute to regular chips, or just as another way to get your veggies in :)

Kale Chips:
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
Fill a large bowl about 3/4 full with kale ( I find it's easier to use the kind that comes in a bag already washed and chopped)
Add 1 to 2 tbsp of oil (I use either olive or canola)
Add seasoning of choice, and season to your liking ( I use the salad seasoning)

Cook for about 15-20 minutes, flipping once. They are done when the edges are slightly browned and they are a little crisp.
Pour into a large bowl and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment