Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top 'o the morning to you (well afternoon now :)

This morning I had my favorite breakfast, and by favorite I mean I eat it everyday as long as it's available. That breakfast would be oatmeal! Oatmeal really is the ideal breakfast food, in one 1/2c. serving it packs in protein and fiber to help keep you full until lunchtime. Plus, studies also show that oatmeal may help to lower cholesterol and help to promote a healthy heart. So seriously, you can't go wrong with oats.
Now there are numerous ways to make oatmeal because you can basically add any toppings you like. My favorite combination is 1/2c . oatmeal, 1c. skim milk, 2tbsp. crushed walnuts, and 1/4c. frozen or fresh blueberries. I also usually add a pinch of vanilla abstract and a tsp. of sugar. Yum, simply delicious! If I had to live off one food it would probably be oatmeal.
If you want to find a new combination for your oatmeal or need new suggestions this site has plenty :http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/quaker-instant-oats.aspx#/ideas

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment