Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Start of the Blog

Today has been proclaimed Registered Dietitians’ day by Pennsylvania State Governor Ed Rendell. That’s pretty cool. It means my state is acknowledging the work that RDs do. So I think today is a good day to start my blog on my journey to be a registered dietitian myself. If people are starting to recognize the dietitian field, then I need to start fulfilling my obligations as a future dietitian. I recently got accepted in to my school’s coordinated dietetic internship program. This means that next year I will be able to start my internship. I’m pretty excited for it! I am also working on my master’s degree in nutrition as well. This is my first year of graduate school and I must say, I finally found a field of work I am passionate about. So this blog will be where I share my passion. I plan to provide insight on what is happening in the dietetic field, on interesting tidbits I acquire on nutrition and fitness (I have been an athlete my whole life so I like to keep up on the fitness end as well as nutrition, I like to promote an overall healthy lifestyle. ) , and on recipes that I have created, modified, or are too delicious to keep to myself.

So before I close for today, I will leave my first tip: The weather is starting to warm up, get outside and go for a walk! Not only will 20-30 minutes outside in the sun provide you with enough vitamin D to meet the RDA (recommended dietary allowance) but 20-30 minutes of walking will burn 100-150 calories. Plus, sunshine and exercise are natural endorphin boosters, so you they are guaranteed to brighten your mood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment